Monday, August 4, 2014

August Birthday Creations

August begins with two special birthdays in our family - my mother-in-law and my niece.  I had made these cards a few weeks back but didn't want to share them until the birthday girls had them and opened them on their birthday - August 2nd.
 
First up I made yet another card in a box for my mother-in-law for her 75th birthday.  I found the very cute miniature bird at one of my fav scrapbooking store - Paper Squared in Mornington and knew I had to find a way to use it on her card.

 
I started with the box - a flat white box which I decorated with the gorgeous PION design papers I also bought,

 
I continued with the MFT birdhouse theme for this card similar to the one I made and shared in my last post.


This time however I wanted to incpoporate some rolled flowers and ofcourse the cute little bird.


 
The MFT miniature doilies and bow are also used here - just the right size!


 
Flattened out and ready to go in the box!

 
The next card I created I used my
also newly purchased WERMK Envelope punch board. Normally I don't lots of tools or gadgets but I had been continually asking myself if I should get this one an after looking on Pinterest at the awesome creations people came up with I went ahead and purchased one.  Not only can you make interesting and customised envelopes you can also use it to create boxes, card bases, bows, pouches ............ the list goes on.  So for this project I used it to create my nieces card and envelope.
 
The card is a match box style card with pop up inserts and the envelope was more like a box so it could safely house the match box card inside.
 
 
Here is the match box card all closed up.  The dies on the front were from Reverse Confetti and MFT stamps.  Again the paper was from Pion Design

 
This is the insert of the match box card.  The flowers pop up as you pull the tray section out of the cover.  There is als room inside to add a gift card.  Just a cute way to give a gift card!




The flowers were all flat MFT die-namics flowers which I re-enforces on the back with some acetate to help them spring up when the box opened.

 
Thanks for stopping by - please feel free to leave a comment .... Love to hear what you think!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...