Thursday, January 16, 2014

Simon Says - Emboss It & DS134

After a busy couple of weeks I am back in the craft studio today playing with paper as the weather is 44 degrees C and it's way too hot for housework, cooking and cleaning (well that's my excuse anyway!).

The lovely Jen Schuls from The Deconstructed Sketch challenge blog previewed the next sketch on facebook today and I absolutely love it!  I also popped back to the newly found (for me) and fun Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog and loved the challege they have posted so I am playing along with both today.

Here are the challenges:

The Deconstructed Sketch:


Thanks for the awesome sketch inspiration Jen!

Simon Says Stamp:



This week the challenge is EMBOSS IT 
Dry Emboss, Heat Emboss or use Embossing Paste :-)
I love this challenge as it has got me playing with my embossing folders again!
So here is the card I created:

The papers were from Echo Parks Sweet Girl collection. I also used my favourite mini swiss dots embossing folder and I grabbed out some of my MFT die namics to play with - Blue Prints 3, Large Numbers and LLD Insert - It 3x4 notepad.  I also used their gorgeous felt for the flowers.


I used some foam mounting tape to give the elements some dimension.



The embossed elements were embossed in two different ways.  The scrap of yellow and the pink insert-it piece were embossed with the dots coming upward and I sanded them to enhance the pattern.  The large yellow piece was embossed in reverse so the dots sank back into the card. 
I also incorporated some edge distressing, ribbon and two Maya Road butterfly pins.
This card is for my Great Niece who will be turning two very soon - hope she likes it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS !! I love this Leanne,, such a pretty card ! the colours and all the details are fabulous ! I love all the touchy feely bits, am am sure your Great Niece will love it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this sweet card. It is just adorable. So many sweet little touches make it just as lovely as can be. What a stunner!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the pastel colors you've chosen and the die cut 2. Thanks for joining us for DS134.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she will love it, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she will love it, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the great mix of patterned papers and fun elements you used on this card! Thanks for playing along with us in the EMBOSS IT Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOVING all of those goodies on the circle panel!! Way to show off the "two's"!! Thanks for playing along with Deconstructed Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...