Friday, January 17, 2014

Retro Sketches 97

The heatwave continues and so does the card making!  This time I decided to play along with the lovely girls over at Retro Sketches.  I just love the sketches they put up each week - they are the perfect springboard to get me started.

Here is the sketch from the girls:


And this is the card I created:



The papers for this card were from Carta Bella - Rough and Tumble.  I love the mix of the papers in this collection as they lend themselves to masculine and little boy cards so well.







As usual I grabbed out my MFT dies. I broke open one my brand new January release favourites - the Distressed Hearts Frame and teamed it up with one of my all time favourite go to dies for male cards - the stacking stars.



The stamp I used was from MFT as well and I used the Weathered Wood Tim Holtz distress pad to shabby up the sentiment. I also used a bit of his tea dye ink around the other elements  on the card as well.




Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love those papers you used. You did a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...