Saturday, January 25, 2014

DS135 and TCC #2




Spent a little time over the last two days playing in the craft studio again!  I just love this weeks sketch from Jen over at The Deconstructed Sketch Challenge and I have also drawn inspiration this week from a new challenge blog that I am excited to be playing along with - The Card Concept



The Card Concept is a really cool challenge blog as it encourages you to define what style of card you have made.  This is a bi-weekly challenge where 12 talented designers showcase their creations based on the inspiration challenge posted and the design styles.  They also give you an insight into what inspired them.


The styles are divided into 6 style themes:

  • Clean & Simple (CAS)
  • Clean & Layered
  • Clean & Graphic
  • Freestyle Collage
  • Shabby Chic
  • Classy & Elegant

So here we go with the inspiration:





And this is the card I created:



After reading The Card Concepts style descriptions I decided my card would probably best fit in their Shabby Chic and Vintage style.



Here is how they define the style:

•the use of used, worn or inexpensive components to make stylish goods

•distressed or sponged edges
•old feel-antiqued
•lots of embellishments
•ribbons or lace
•lots of layers


The layering was taken care of by the amazing sketch.  I love my edge distressor and tea dye ink pad so that got a tick too.    Embellishments, ribbons and lace were all left overs or quickly made from fabric, co-ordinating paper etc. So I hope I have made a wise choice here.




The little heart buttons were made with fabric and paper, I tore sections of the paper and inserted lace behind which I had inked and recycled a button from an old piece of clothing.



To give the card a bit of an older feel (as I had picked papers that were a little more modern) I printed the image onto textured cardstock.  I also drew inspiration from TCC pic as I loved the green grass in front of the cottage and could just imagine back in the day,  the mother and daughter in my card out the front picking flowers.


Thanks so much for taking a look!

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the distressing and all the pretty layers and embellishments, so pretty. Have a great weekend! Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it! I haven't played with shabby chic cards much, but I LOVE lace! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Being a CAS stamper I look at this and think...wow..how do they do it..haha. So glad you joined us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, luvin all the texture!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne, what a beautifully shabby card! I love the whole look.

    happy crafting! sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Your attention to detail is amazing! This is so beautiful! Your paper heart buttons absolutely stole my heart! I am amazed how you have achieved an 'older feel' to the image by printing it onto textured card stock....this is SO clever and SO effective! Especially love the few bolder pops of color that you have introduced (like the heart stickpin and the green button). Stunning work!

    Thanks for choosing to share your card wtih us this week at the Card Concept Challenge! You definitely aced the 'texture' part of the challenge with your beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne this card is just stunning! I love the beautiful vintage image you've used and all the beautiful details you've added! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...