Friday, January 31, 2014

Colour Q Challenge - Anniversary Card

Been playing with some new papers and some of my favourite dies today making a card for a 50th Wedding Anniversary and a 90th Birthday.

I always love to play along with the Retro Girls and I have discovered that Ariel from the Retro Team also heads up and designs for Colour Q - a fabulous colour focused challenge blog.  So I decided to paly along with them for my anniversary card.

It just so happened that their challenge this week was focused on valentine/love and some gorgeous pink, kraft and white inspiration - perfect for a wedding anniversary card.

So here is their inspiration:


And this is the card I created:


I love the bold colours in the Colour Q challenge and think they give you a vibrant modern palette to create with.  However, when creating my card I decided to use the most softest of hints of each of the Colour Q colours as I wanted my card to have a shabby chic feel so I picked out a paper selection that contained hints of kraft, pink and white and teamed it up with ivory cardstock and embellishments.  I also inked parts of the card with TH distress ink to bring our more of the kraft colour.  I also added some stitching in ivory thread around the edge of the main circle element and the horizontal banner.

AlsoI have had to change my photography booth around during our house renovations soapologies if my photography and the colouring of the images is a little off. 

The papers were from Maja Designs Vintage Summer Basics - I just love this collection!




The embellished sections were created with some MFT die-namics, kaisercraft flowers, MS frond punch, pearls and some tiny stickers which I trimmed down to size. To highlight the 50 I got out my Gel Roll glitter pen and coloured them in.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Leanne, love all the fussiness of it! However you seem to be missing the Primrose color! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops I have missed the primrose! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...