Saturday, June 15, 2013

Scrapmatts GDT

Just wanted to share a few more cards that I have been making with some of my favourite Scrapmatts pieces and some of the divine new June release items.


Make a Wish

I have to admit I just love butterflies and usually sneak one onto many of the cards I create!  I particularly like the CB1158 Butterflies 20 set as you get a multitude of butterflies in many sizes which are just so much fun to use on smaller scaled cards.  Here I used three different sized butterflies to give the illusion of them flying off into the distance as the recipient “makes their wish”.   The butterflies were white and I coloured them with a gold glitter gel pen.   The inked leafy sprays were trimmed down and teamed up with some of my die cut rolled flowers. I decorated some of those very cute fishtail flags and trimmed the outer two down to make narrower pieces.   The “make a wish” sentiment was altered with an adhesive eraser – I just simply used it to lighten up the surface.


Scrapmatts products used:
CB5101 Flags 02
CB1158 Butterflies 20
CB1198 Scrap Words 06
CB1146 Leaf Spray 01



Gears for the Boys!

I just knew I had to play with the awesome mini gears to make these two male/boy inspired cards.
I coloured the cogs with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink then coted them with the matching distress embossing powder to give them a grungy rusted look.  The little robot was made by hand from scraps and the hands, feet and mouth were cogs cut in half.  The chevron pieces were inked with a versa colour ink pad.  I just love these new chevrons there are so many different ways you can use them! For this card I decided to use all the different sizes in a row.

 
 

Scrapmatts products used:
CB1078 Gears 05
CB1121 Words 26 Best Wishes
CB1049 Words 01 Happy Birthday
CB5106 Chevrons 01 - NEW JUNE RELEASE!
CB1200 Scrap Words 08



Happy Travels
 
This month Scrapmatts are releasing some very cute travel inspired scrap words. I love how some are pre made on little tags as they are just perfect to go straight onto projects.  I have tied these mini tags onto the card with hemp twine to form a little banner of sentiments then teamed it up with some of the black Scrap Words 09.



Scrapmatts Products used:
CB1206 Scrap Words 09 – New June release
CB1209 Scrap Words 12 – New June release

You can see more Scrapmatts products and the talented Design Team creations over on their web site - click here

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...