Sunday, April 28, 2013

Birthday Fun with DS99

We have another special birthday to celebrate this week so I have used the latest Deconstructed Sketch as inspiration.  I wanted to create a card that had a grungy feel to it and decided to use some heavy inking, random free hand stamping and spritzing techniques that the talented Finnabair shared with us at Scrappy Hollow back in March. I kept the stamping and spritzing quite simple compared to Finnabair's style though.

Here is the sketch from the talented Jen over at the Deconstructed Sketch Blog

And this is my creation!

 
For this card I used some of my 6x6 paper pads - MME Out of the Blue and also Authentique's Journey.   I sanded, distressed and inked the background papers.  I then free hand stamped a Kaisercraft stamp on the pieces using both tea dye distress ink and black ink. 
 
Using dies and punched I created the other elements on the card and continued to sand, distress and inks as I went.
 
 
I added some hand stamped sentiments.

 
A little foam tape added some dimension to the card as well.



To finish off I made up my own misting spray using Luminarte Primary Elements Pigment Powder (Nutmeg) and randomly spritzed the card.

 
Materials
 
Paper
MME Out of the Blue
Authentique Journey
 
Punches/Dies/Stamps
QuicKutz Nesting Flowers Die
MFT By the Numbers Die
EK Success Deco Scallop Punch
Punch Bunch Medium Balloon Punch
Marvy Ukida2 1/2" circle punch
 
Other
MFT Stamps Birthday Greetings stamps
Luminarte Primary Elements Pigment Powder Nutmeg
TH Tea Dye Distress Ink
Versa Color Black
Versa Color Lapilluso
VintageTwine
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...