Thursday, December 6, 2012

Retro Sketch #40 - Brand New Challenge!

I am so excited this week.  I have been powering through my DT assignments and have finished and uploaded all but 1 of them so stay tuned to see what I have been up to over at the Aussie Scrap Source Blog in the coming weeks.

As a bit of a reward I decided to play along with a sketch challenge - I just love sketch challenges as they kick start your creativity but give you the freedom to create with whatever colours, products and embellishments you like.

The lovely Arielle, who is a fellow iSpy DT member, has an awesome sketch challenge blog.  Retro Sketches  gives you a sketch based on one of the DT's previous creations, they make a new card and then we all follow along.  I have favourite card layouts that I often go back to as I know they work well so I loved the idea of this challenge.

So here is the sketch they posted based on one of Arielle's cards:



And here is the card I created:

 
Each panel on the card was edge distressed and I gave it a faux stitched border as well.
 
 
I have been playing with my Martha punches of late and just love this branch punch for creating wreathes. I used a combination of red, green and blue papers to create it with and then added some pearls. . Instead of a fishtail embellishment I added a lace loop which I tied to a button before adding it to the card. I moved this element a little further out on the card.

 
 
Materials:
Paper: MME Be Merry
Punch: MS M230367 Branch
Other: Pearls by Portacraft, buttons, twine, lace (from the stash!) and mini Christmas sticker.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your card ! Really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! I love this! That wreath is fantastic! And those colors are really fun! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...