Friday, November 16, 2012

ISSC42 - Be Merry

Another week has flown by and it's once again time for a new challenge over at iSpy.

This week we have been inspired by the creative Anya Schrier and the sketch is based on this card.


I love this sketch's simplicity as it allows you to make each element your own.  So ofter some punching, distressing, pleating and fussy cutting this is the card I created:


To start off the card I decided to add a decorative punched edge before I added the patterned paper pieces. The central panel of the card was with a combination of paper pleating, ribbon and lace. I began with three 1 1/2 inch x 6 inch ( 4cm x 15cm) strips of paper which I scored at 1/2inch intervals then pleated and held them in place with some quick machine stitching. 

 
The sentiment panel was die cut and then finished off with a rub on and some hand cut Christmas trees.
 

I added some dimension to the tree with foam tape.


Materials used:
Paper - MME Be Merry
Dies - MFT Well Worn Greetings
Other - Stampin Up antique button, ribbon by birch, Darice hemp twine, lace, MS eyelet lace around the page punch (border punch only) and a rub on from Pebbles Inc.

You can join in the fun too by heading over to the blog here

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
 


 
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...