Thursday, August 23, 2012

ISSC29 - Happy Birthday

Well another week has flown by and it's time to play along with the iSpy sketch challenge.  This weeks inspirational sketch was inspired by  Renee Matarese ( Renlymat @ SCS) and is based on this card.

So here is the sketch:



As I was checking out the inspirational cards by the design team I saw that Tobi Crawford had set herself a few challenges to aim to use her stash so I thought I would do the same.

I never make many male cards and I have a plethora of brads which I once loved but rarely seem to use anymore.  So my challenge to myself - male card with brads.


And here is the card I created:




The papers were from the Authentique Loyal collection.  I love love love the cream, green and blue combination in this collection.  For my embellished element I used my MFT die - namics - Stacking Stars, Well Worn Greetings, and Polka Dot.


The stars were finished off with a gel sparkle pen and some were attached with foam to add dimension.




The stamped "Happy Birthday" was from the MFT Airplane greetings and die set and was stamped with Versa Magic Aegean Blue.  I tied some Darice hemp twine around the background elements and used the brads as anchors.



Thanks for dropping by!


 
 











 

3 comments:

  1. Using scraps is a good thing...WTG!!! Wo derful masculine card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the distressing and the addition of the lined paper! Thanks for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Love this one too! you do shabby like nobody's business! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...