Monday, June 11, 2012

CR84FN and ISSC19

A day off work here in Australia for the Queen's Birthday and I thought what better way to spend my day off? You guessed it - creating another card.

This time round I drew my inspiration from the CR84FN challenge and teamed it up with the latest iSpy sketch.  I am really enjoying the colour challenges set by Mona on the CR84FN blog.  I love that I am constantly pushed outside my comfort zone and I try to use more than one paper manufacturers papers as well.

So here are the inspiration pics:







And here is my card:

















I wanted to use this cute little cotton spool that I found at a $2 shop this week.  So in keeping with the sewing/haberdashery theme I set out to create a card that used stitching, my sew nifty MFT die, buttons and of course a sewing related greeting.
















The papers were from Cosmo Cricket and My Minds Eye.  I loved the doily print on the MME paper for the background.  For the panels I decided to wet and scrunch the paper and then iron it dry to change the texture to resemble fabric.  I machine stitched all of these elements.















The lettering was from Collections and I thought it worked well with the colour challenge as each tile was bordered with a thin grey line.  Bling was from Prima.  Pin from Birch and safety pin was from Making Memories.

Thank you to the CR84FN & iSpy sketch designers for their inspiration!


11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the sewing theme, punny sentiment and the little scissors and spool embellies!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooooooooooo pretty..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Leanne! Love little scissors embellishment and the distressed paper! Adds fab texture! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! Love the sentiment, the stitched panels and adorable charms. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shabbiness! Love those scissors~ Thanks for joining in at I Spy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!! Love the wetting/scrunching and sentiment! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne, the way you made the paper look like fabric was pure GENIUS! What a FAB effect stitched on! LOVE the sewing embellies and your FAB sentiment, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow Leanne! This is just Fabulous! Love how you wet and scrunched your Dp's! so clever! they look just like fabric! Your stitching is just Wonderful and I love all the Fab sewing embellies too! Just a Wonderful creation! So glad you could join us at CR84FN!
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne, your cards always live up to your blog name! Lovely as always my dear :D Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness do I love your pretty card! Great attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...