Friday, March 9, 2012

Mojo Monday 231 & CR84FN Colour Challenge - Happy Birthday

Well it's Friday again and I have been busy putting together my take on the Mojo Monday 231 Sketch.  I was excited to get underway with my card this week.   Not only was I planning to incorporate the new Verve Birthday Bash stamps that arrived after winning Mojo 227 Challenge,  but I also decided to stretch my creative skills and incorporated a colour challenge into the card as well.

I have admired Mona Pendleton's card making for a long time now and visit her blog often.  She also heads up the creative team at CR84FN Color Challenges so I thought I would use this on my card too.

So here is the sketch and colour challenge I used.




When I saw the colour challenge colours of yellow, grey and kraft I immediately thought of the MME Miss Caroline paper pad I had stashed away. 
So here it is -




The shabby chic fence had the kraft and grey colourings and the yellow spots were so cute to add in as a complimentary touch.  I also snuck in a little extra colour with the flower border along the fences.  I mounted the card onto a kraft card base and cut out my tag and doily from this cardstock as well.  I just love the colour combination the team at CR84FN came up with.  I don't normally use grey and yellow together and it works so well with kraft.




A few pearls and some hand stitching were added just to finish things off.



Paper - MME (Miss Caroline) and Kaisercraft
Dies by MFT - Sweet Stack, Decorative Doily Duo and mini rolled roses
Stamp - Verve (Birthday Bash)
Other - Pearls by Portacraft, grosgrain ribbon by Birch and punch bunch leaf punches.
Thanks  for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Leanne! What a gorgeous card! The rolled flowers look fabulous! So happy you joined along with CR84FN and thanks for the BIG shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Leanne! What a gorgeous card! The rolled flowers look fabulous! So happy you joined along with CR84FN and thanks for the BIG shout out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...