Friday, February 24, 2012

Mojo 229 - Congratulations!

It's Mojo Monday time again (although I am posting this on Friday - LOL!).  This week the sketch had an extra special theme behind it. The mojo  makers, and some of the supportive friends of Julee Tilman (the talented lady behind Mojo Monday and Verve Stamps) got together for a hop to honor her and to celebrate the forthcoming arrival of the new baby boy twins she is expecting!  So here is the sketch -


For my card I decided to follow on with the theme of "congratulations".  So best wishes to Julee and here is my card -


You will notice that I have moved some elements on the sketch (just wanted to allow the chipboard heart to stand out a little bit more).  The papers were from Basic Grey's Piccadilly collection and I once again added my shabby touch to the design by distressing, mixing up the patterns on the background papers, sanding and of course inking. 



The Chipboard Element was from "Words or Whatever - WOW!   Initially I inked the heart with Versa Magic Ink (wheat) then applied Distress Stickles (clear rock candy) once it was dry I distressed it, added two different size pearls to the flourishes and a flower with punched leaves to the centre. 

I then used foam tape to raise it off the card and attached the banner to the side.  The banner was cut from an MFT die-namics die.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...